" Inspired and
innovative"

FAQs

When is SIR Royalty Income Fund’s fiscal year-end and when are the Fund’s year-end financial results disclosed?
SIR Royalty Income Fund’s fiscal year-end is December 31. The Fund reports its year-end financial results within 90 days of fiscal year-end.

When are SIR Royalty Income Fund’s quarterly reporting periods, and when are these financial results disclosed?  SIR Royalty Income Fund’s fiscal quarterly reporting periods are as follows:

  • first quarter - three months ended March 31;
  • second quarter - three months ended June 30; and,
  • third quarter - three months ended September 30.

The Fund reports its quarterly financial results within 45 days of the corresponding period end.

When is SIR Corp.’s fiscal year-end and when are the operating company’s year-end financial results disclosed?
SIR Corp.’s fiscal year is comprised of 13 periods of four weeks each, ending on the last Sunday in August. The Company reports its year-end financial results within 90 days of its fiscal year-end. In 2016, SIR Corp.'s fiscal year end is on August 28, 2016.

When are SIR Corp.’s quarterly reporting periods and when are these financial results disclosed?
SIR Corp.’s quarterly reporting periods are designated in weeks as opposed to months. SIR Corp.’s first three quarters consist of three consecutive 12-week periods and its fourth quarter consists of the remaining 16 weeks. The Company’s quarterly reporting periods for fiscal 2016 are as follows:

  • first quarter - 12 week period ended November 22;
  • second quarter - 12 week period ended February 14;
  • third quarter - 12 week period ended May 8

SIR Corp. reports its quarterly financial results within 45 days of the corresponding period end.

Where can financial reports for SIR Royalty Income Fund and SIR Corp. be found? 
The Fund’s financial reports can be found at www.sedar.com under SIR Royalty Income Fund’s Public Documents or on SIR’s website at www.sircorp.com under SIR Royalty Income Fund – Financial Reports.

SIR Corp.’s financial reports can also be found at www.sedar.com under SIR Royalty Income Fund’s Public Documents, under "Other" Document Type.

What is the Fund’s monthly unitholder distribution? How much is this on an annualized basis?
The Fund currently pays a monthly distribution of $0.095 per unit, or $1.14 per unit on an annualized basis.

When are the distributions paid?
The distributions are paid on or around the last business day of each month.

When did the distributions start? 
The first distribution of $0.1643 per unit for the period from October 12, 2004 to November 30, 2004 was declared on December 13, 2004 and paid to unit holders on December 30, 2004. For a complete history of the distributions, see Cash Distributions in the drop down menu, under SIR Royalty Income Fund.

Where can I find financial information about SIR Corp.? 
SIR Corp. is a private company and is not considered a reporting issuer for regulatory purposes. To provide additional transparency for SIR Royalty Income Fund Unitholders, the company has undertaken to provide quarterly financial statements on www.sedar.com.  This information can be accessed on www.sedar.com through SIR Royalty Income Fund under the "Other" category.

What is the tax treatment of the distributions?

100.00% of the Fund's distributions in fiscal 2016 were taxable to Unitholders as Eligible Dividends

98.19% of the Fund's distributions in fiscal 2015 were taxable to Unitholders as Eligible Dividends with the remaining 1.81% of distributions being a return of capital

98.60% of the Fund's distributions in fiscal 2014 were taxable to Unitholders as Eligible Dividends with the remaining 1.40% of distributions being a return of capital

99.29% of the Fund's distributions in fiscal 2013 were taxable to Unitholders as Eligible Dividends with the remaining 0.71% of distributions being a return of capital

100% of the Fund's distributions in fiscal 2012 were taxable to Unitholders as Eligible Dividends.

98.88% of the Fund's distributions in fiscal 2011 were taxable to Unitholders as Eligible Dividends with the remaining 1.12% of distributions being a return of capital

98.85% of the Fund's distributions in fiscal 2010 were taxable to unitholders as other taxable income with the remaining 1.15% of distributions being a return of capital

89.91% of the Fund's distributions in fiscal 2009 were taxable to unitholders as other taxable income with the remaining 10.09% of distributions being a return of capital

90.51% of the Fund's distributions in fiscal 2008 were taxable to unitholders as other taxable income with the remaining 9.49% of distributions being a return of capital

90.84% of the Fund's distributions in fiscal 2007 were taxable to unitholders as other taxable income with the remaining 9.16% of distributions being a return of capital

89.43% of the Fund's distributions in fiscal 2006 were taxable to unitholders as other taxable income with the remaining 10.57% of distributions being a return of capital

84.76% of the Fund's distributions in fiscal 2005 were taxable to unitholders as other taxable income with the remaining 15.24% of distributions being a return of capital.

How will the taxable portion of the distributions be communicated to unitholders?
All unitholders will receive a T3 Form that provides this information.

What exchange are the units of the SIR Royalty Income Fund traded on? 
SIR Royalty Income Fund units are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol SRV.UN.

How can I find out the current unit price for SIR Royalty Income Fund? 
A 15-minute delayed price and volume chart is available via the investor relations page on this website. Unit prices are also quoted on several major financial websites.

How many units of the SIR Royalty Income Fund are currently outstanding? 
There are currently 8,375,567units outstanding.

How can I purchase units of the SIR Royalty Income Fund? 
To purchase units of SIR Royalty Income Fund contact your brokerage firm.

When was the initial public offering (IPO) of SIR Royalty Income Fund?
SIR Royalty Income Fund began trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange on October 12, 2004.

Does the Fund have a Dividend Reinvestment Program available to unitholders?
Not at this time. However, most brokerage firms offer a feature similar to a "DRIP" which allows investors to rollover monthly cash distributions for additional Fund units.  

How can I contact SIR Royalty Income Fund? 
You can email us at ir@sircorp.com

Who is the transfer agent for the Fund?
Computershare Limited
100 University Avenue
9th Floor
Toronto, ON
M5J 2Y1
Tel: (416) 263-9534